If you do not have a website on the Internet, to promote your business, then our first tip would be, “Get on the Internet.”
Every business should have an internet presence to attract customers, and if you are not attracting new clients, can you figure out where your business might be heading?
More than 70% of all purchases today are done following an Internet search. People are looking for quality information and places to buy the product or service, and if you do not have a healthy Internet presence, you are missing out. Below, to help you understand what you need to do, we provide the following top digital agency marketing tips.
Digital Agency Marketing Tips
- For our first digital agency marketing tip, we go back to the basics; get on the Internet if you are not already there. This topic has been beaten to death so we will not belabor it anymore.
- Our second digital agency marketing tip is, know how your website is performing. What I refer to is:
- a) How much traffic is your website getting and how does your website rank?
- b) Is your traffic coming from direct links or Internet searches? This can be a measure of how well your Internet SEO is functioning. If you are not getting a large chunk of your traffic from Internet searches, then someone else is getting all those new customers, and our third digital agency marketing tip would be, quickly fix your website as you are losing business.
- Our next digital agency marketing tip is, don’t look at what you have done to date as a failure. Spend the 70% of the time people spend on worrying about the past, focusing on the future. What we have found working with lots of clients is, some people are nervous about sticking their necks out, suggesting there are things not right with the website on the Internet. This only delays the pain, so let’s look at this as a great opportunity.
- If you do not have a digital marketing plan, then our next digital agency marketing tip would be, get help to develop a digital marketing plan that includes, but not limited to:
- a) Search Engine Optimization objectives.
- b) A simple, but an effective website that is not cluttered.
- c) Content optimization
- d) Conversion optimization
- e) Opportunity-based link building
- f) Constant monitoring of site health through diagnostics
- g) Scheduled reporting on performance.
- Getting your message out about your website is a large job. Integral to any website marketing plan is using all the social media tools available to spread the word. As our last digital agency marketing tip, we strongly suggest your digital marketing strategy include a full-blown social media campaign.
The Internet can be one of the greatest tools for marketing your company, and your services or products. The opportunities, and the use of digital marketing, although critical to corporate success, are many times mostly misunderstood.
Business owners and managers, in many cases, believe that once they have a website that is all they have to do. They then wonder why they are not seeing all those new customers coming to through their doors, or at least buying their products or services over the Internet. It is sad there is a disconnect, but just like marketing by other means, you have to understand what makes it work, or have people working with you that do know what makes it work.
And now, we will give you a “freebie;” one more digital agency marketing tip. Have people on your team who not only know how to technically build a website, but know how digital marketing works. The two are not the same, and if someone tries to convince you they are, go and talk to someone else.